Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tutorial - How to Make an Acrostic Cushion

http://simpleliving-sherrie.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/acrostic-cushions-birthday-gifts-i-made.html
A way to use those fabric scraps that are too precious to waste

Tutorial at Simple Living Blog

"It all started when I started sewing lots of fabric scraps together and I made some lovely zipper cases with them and gave them for gifts too...So after doing that I had another great idea ...I'll join some other pieces of fabrics together and make cushions, then I decided to make them even more personal and add their name and turn it into an acrostic cushion...So I joined the fabric strips together in a log cabin and in the middle I embroidered their name ...I quilted it onto a piece of cotton batting  then I lined it..so that was the front completed ...Then I made the backing from some more of one of the fabrics on the front to match".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment